We are hiring!
We are now accepting applications for qualified Principal candidates.
Our school board is looking for a person to lead the school or be mentored under a leader if lacking experience.
Successful candidates will be determined for the position of Principal or Assistant Principal. SCA is seeking a leader that is willing to learn, has the energy to handle a variety of tasks, and has a working knowledge of both the academics and business components that go into running a private school. Teaching some specialty classes may be a part of the position.
The successful candidate will have:
- Teacher Certificate for the State of Oregon
- Administrator Certificate
- ACSI Leadership Certificate, or equitable school leadership experience (all are desired but not required)
- Candidate must be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and action.
- Must be able to attend and/or lead morning prayer, faculty meetings, after-school and evening functions.
- Be First-aid and CPR certified or willing to receive and pass certification training.
- Have experience and/or training in teaching (preferred).
- Have the ability to lead teachers in integrating a Biblical worldview into all curriculum.
- Have a working knowledge and application of educational technology.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be customer-service and public-relations focused. Candidate must have experience fundraising and with donor relations.
- Experience running a school or business with close understanding of budgeting and financials is desired.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and work flexibility.
- Successful candidates must pass a background check and fingerprinting.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Handle overall student management and discipline as well as parent communication.
- Handle teacher management, mentoring, and overall curriculum development.
- Provide leadership to ensure our students are provided developmentally appropriate learning activities and experiences.
- Assess students and teachers regularly, provide reports and documentation, and lovingly challenge teachers and students how to be more effective.
- Be an engaged team player while also leading with effectiveness.
Sisters Christian Academy is an equal opportunity employer, with the right to prefer employees and prospective employees on the basis of religion and other exemptions applicable to religious institutions. Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check which may include a credit check and/or criminal history. The successful candidate will be asked to sign a statement of faith.
About Sisters Christian Academy
We are a growing Christian school based in beautiful Sisters, Oregon. For over 20 years, SCA has been providing a quality Christian education for our students. We offer our employees an active, supportive school community and a great location to live in. We are an accredited Preschool-8th grade school. We strongly believe in offering families a community that will support their children's growth in faith, academics, and citizenship.
Download the Principal Job Description here.
Please email Board Chair Robby Gilliam, email@example.com, for more information, or call Sisters Christian Academy at 541-549-4133.