- Self-contained……………Core academics
- Specialists ……………… Art, Music, Physical Education
8:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Our Extended Care program is available before and after school for our students every school day. Extended Care is open from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m. and from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery
- Language Arts: Students study various kinds of reading materials including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and fables. They study the parts of speech and practice their language skills by writing sentences, paragraphs, essays, and short stories. Phonics is stressed in the lower grades in our VOWAC program. Students learn and use their spelling and vocabulary words in writing assignments. Our language arts program includes reading, phonics, vocabulary, grammar, spelling, handwriting, creative writing, and public speaking.
- Math: 2nd graders learn about numbers, length, weight, multiplication and division, money, time and touch on geometry. 3rd graders increase their knowledge of numbers, multiplication and division and add fractions, go deeper with geometry and learn about area, perimeter and volume.
- Science: From learning about the parts of a body, our skeleton, and classifying animals, the students study science based on core knowledge standards.
- Social Studies: Throughout the years, our students take classes in California History, U.S. Geography, U.S. History and World History.
- Bible: The Old and New Testament are taught including application of Biblical principles to our lives and memorization of scripture verses.
Shauna Rawlins is the 2nd/3rd grade teacher.